BD idea

Realized one of the main blockers for all the sellers I’ve seen on boutique it including me is being on camera. We’re saturated in influencer culture but most people are actually really uncomfortable recording themselves, being on camera, putting themselves out there, hearing their own voice, etc.
We have this unrelated problem of getting sellers on there, need good value prop.
These can come together to a solution. Partner with (currently) minor influencers. They get great street cred for deals, their career, etc. by saying they’re a launch partner for this experimental app. They get to practice, get some exposure, and have someone else decide their content and they don’t have to spend their time dreaming stuff up (currently one of the major influencer pain points).
Sellers suddenly get an amazing deal. All they have to do is post their inventory to the influencers. Influencers record videos selling. Totally lean back, passive revenue for the sellers - a no brainer.
Suddenly everybody participating in boutique it is a no brainer.

2 Likes

@david @mauricio

1 Like

As mentioned in person, this is a really good idea to encourage new media creation. I actually know a few people that fit the archetype of “great on camera, entertaining, salesman/woman” but dont have anything to sell personally.

1 Like

I actually have some pics of some early screen designs, on my phone somewhere, sec

1 Like

Uploading: 1B8A1C14-4468-452D-BBA6-4E5D2DCD2EF2.jpeg… Uploading: 5535D9EB-01A1-4D0A-8123-4DE87DBB543D.jpeg…

Wow. Awesome. I’m late to the party

1 Like

Not at all :smiley:

Started this while in transit over the past few days. Backend maybe 60% plus stubbed out over 20 units tests. Going to switch focus to finishing up the store redesign, roll that out and then do consignment as a cohesive “seller side” push.

Code complete, 28 passing unit tests. Going to start the frontend tomorrow

I crack myself up

Still amazed you have the patience for tests

More progress! Consignments is going to be a lot but it’s gotten a lot of good feedback just from talking about it. Maybe a new version on test flight by the end of the week!!

Drive link

1 Like

to be perfectly honest, had a tricky time following what’s happening in the video, but I’m sure it’s good

1 Like

Dev update, the whole thing is taking a bit longer than I thought but getting there.

This is the flow if you were an looking to consign other peoples products and make some money on the side.

Drive link

Huh nice