App is dying at launch

Self-explanatory blah blah 20 characters

Rereleased the backend as I refactored the structure of how products are related to stream recordings to better match how product videos work. This is almost guaranteed to throw errors on older clients. Better to do this kind of change now than when there’s more usage, I try to make most releases backward compatible. Got rejected from apple this morning due to a small thing but just reuploaded a fixed build.

Lol yeah managing backwards compatibility, version APIs, high-availability, migrations etc is just a terrible use of time at the stage in a business. That said it seems horrendous to crash the app if you hit something unexpected in the data or whatever

Agreed, I’ll try to do better.

Am I correct to assume it was something approximating a property doesn’t exist on JSON or whatever? I thought about it some more and now I actually changed my mind a bit and realized that even crashes are nbd - developer productivity is really all the counts

exactly that. I turned something from somethings: [key_of_object_one, key_of_object_two] which I then lazily went to the api to ask for more details on object1/2.

now its more like somethings: [{object1}, {object2}] and threw away the second api call.

Interesting. I haven’t actually used graphql but it seems to be getting some interest. Have you used it?

I’ve done the hello world but never spent too much time on it. I know twitch uses it in production. It would solve problems like this for sure.

Update is out btw! Its a little rough around the edges, already got some great feedback. Would love to hear your thoughts

Hmm, no update for me

Hrm not sure exactly when the App Store check for updates job runs. Try going to the App Store and see if it says anything. Had another friend get it on iOS

OK I think I got it

1 Like